Saturday, March 2, 2013

Interlude: The Journals of E.H. Kranklehunt



From the Journals of E.H Kranklehunt.

“You tricksters!” I knocked over the lamps- oil spilling, I knew the vagabonds had come and replaced my maps with fakes. I stood up hitting my head and spilling my sweet drink.  I would not have all my work on this journey and search undone. They come here selling corn mashed with fish and sneak in while I am asleep from my cava. I rushed out shouting, “You tricksters, you vagabonds, you rascals, and rapscallions! My maps! My maps! I must have my maps back!”

      They were still in the camp. Posted up with their shanty tents and foodstuffs; the men in their armor eating and consorting with their pleasure girls. “What would great Jaguar have done with you?”

And they remembered what had been said about the East. From the east would come a man full of nonsense talk and fury.  They turned toward Monsignor Fabricio and began throwing corn husks at him.

Authors Note: Thanks to C.M. Mayo's Daily Five Minute writing exercises for inspiration. http://www.cmmayo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment